Projects and funds
Wolsztyn Forestry Authority runs a variety of projects related to environmental protection, small water retention, and reclaiming land. The projects are financed from Environmental Protection, EU, and own funds of State Forest Regional Authority Zielona Góra. The funds recently acquired from the EU made it possible to construct 4 dams in Wolsztyn Forest Authority (Nowy Dwór), while drops and weirs were built on water courses in Powodowo and Zacisze forest divisions.
· increasing water resources in the forest division via soil improvement
· improvement of water resources in forests
· compensation for rainwater drainage
· providing a waterhole for animals living in the local ecosystem
· slowing down surface water drainage
· reinforcement of tree stands by limiting major fluctuations in groundwaters.
The facilities constructed pose no burden for the environment, and their installation was carried out in an environmentally friendly manner.